Saturday


Nick had an appointment at PCMC this week and it looks like we're going to start plans for him to undergo another open-heart surgery. This will probably be in May/June-ish, and the plan is to do it at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota.

He has been receiving some defibrillations more often and it's requiring more than 1 shock to stop the V-tach he's been experiencing. This is worrisome to the doctors (& us). The staff at the mayo clinic think that they can remove the fibroma from Nick's heart.

We have many unanswered questions, and there are of course, serious risks. There are, however, risks just as serious by not doing anything. There's no way to know the results of taking action or not taking action. There is only hope, faith, and prayer. Ultimately, things are in the Lord's hands. Always.
We have very much trust in the doctors who tend to Nick, and believe whole-heartedly that they are studying out the best options for him.

And for now, we're going to keep taking things one step at a time. =)

2 comments:

Hua said...

Hey,

I've heard the mayo clinic is awesome and I hope everything goes well for nick. Taking it one step at a time is the only thing anyone can really ask from you.

I found your blog while searching for unique and helpful content on children's health.  I think you could benefit from sharing your personal story to those seeking connection to other people who are in similar situations regarding children's health. Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN) is comprised of over 3,000 of bloggers who motivate and support each other through 150 communities. 

For more information about joining, please visit http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger or email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.

Best,
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks

Unknown said...

Hi, I am a friend of Jodi's. I think it is wonderful that you are sharing Nick's story. I too am a child that has congential heart disease. The disorders I had (have) are not the same as his but I too had to have several closed and open heart surgeries before the age of 5. I can only imagine as parents what you must be going through, I will add Nick and your family to my prayers.

Lilypie Next Birthday PicLilypie Next Birthday Ticker